Henri PONTOY Porteuses d’eau à la rivière
Henri PONTOY : Orientalist painter born in Reims in 1888, died in 1968. He lived in Morocco for a large part of his life, from 1927 to 1965. He made paintings wich represent the life of men and women of this country in scenes sometimes intimate, but also panoramic. He has appeared at exhibitions of the group of Moroccan Artists as well as at the Salon of French Africa in Paris in 1947.
MUSEUM : Casablanca (Maroc)
– Maurice Arama, “Itinéraires marocains, regards de peintres”, Éditions Jaguar, 1991.
– Bénézit, “Dictionnaire des peintres”, Grund, 1999.
Porteuses d’eau à la rivière
Oil on canvas
– 130 x 120 cm (163 x 143 cm including frame)
– 51 In. x 47 In. (64 In. x 56 In. including frame)
PRICE : Please contact the gallery
Signed lower left
– Private collection, Rabat, Maroc, then kept in the family until today