Henri PONTOY Vallée du Ghéris
Henri PONTOY : Orientalist painter born in Reims in 1888, died in 1968. He lived in Morocco for a large part of his life, from 1927 to 1965. He made paintings wich represent the life of men and women of this country in scenes sometimes intimate, but also panoramic. He has appeared at exhibitions of the group of Moroccan Artists as well as at the Salon of French Africa in Paris in 1947.
MUSEUM : Casablanca (Maroc)
– Maurice Arama, “Itinéraires marocains, regards de peintres”, Éditions Jaguar, 1991.
– Bénézit, “Dictionnaire des peintres”, Grund, 1999.
Vallée du Ghéris
Oil on canvas
– 90 x 150,5 cm (soit 125 x 186 cm including frame)
– 35 In. x 59 In. (50 In. x 74 In. including frame)
PRICE : Sold
Signed lower right Signée en bas à droite and titled on the back of the chassis
Wooden frame and gilded stucco
– Collection François Scarella, Casablanca, then kept in the family until today