EXCEPTIONAL TWO-HANDED SWORD Sixteenth century period
Long blade with two thorns in half-moon then flaming.
The large guard has two branches with two large wrought iron rings and quillons bent towards the point.
Double olive pommel.
The blade bears the engraved inscription “STANTLER” (Wolfgang) on the heel in a cartouche, the name of a famous family of Munich gunsmiths around 1555-1600, and below the “LOUP de PASSAU” of Solingen, engraved in the line and inlaid with copper (Ref. Wallace Collection).
The wooden rocket retained its original velvet trim, but very badly worn.
On the first quarter of the blade, the original brown leather protection remains in its entirety and covers the ricasso.
Réf : 6153
Blade : 138 cm
Handle : 56 cm
Total length : 194,5 cm