EXCEPTIONAL TWO-HANDED SWORD Sixteenth century period
Long blade with two thorns in half-moon then flaming.
The large guard is with two branches and quillons bent towards the point and provided with large wrought iron rings encircling two fleurs-de-lys (Munich), and profusely engraved with the line, quillons inflected towards the point.
Tapered pommel also engraved line.
The blade bears the hallmark of Hans Ringler, gunsmith in Nuremberg (1532-1536) (Ref. Wallace Collection Vol 1, page 29, Ref. A29! And on the other side, in a cartouche, is the incomplete inscription “OSDIO .. . ”(Unidentified).
The wooden rocket has retained some of its original blue velvet trim.
On the first quarter of the blade, the original brown leather protection remains in its entirety and covers the ricasso.
Réf : 6152
Blade : 135 cm
Handle : 52,5 cm
Total length : 188,5 cm